Our mission is to promote and encourage athletics as a viable means of recreation and sport for the benefit of athlete’s development in a healthy lifestyle. We support all members in the spirit of team, competition and in the achievement of personal goals for the development of the individual in a positive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Integrity in the way we operate and function, transparency and openness in everything we do and accountability for all our actions and decisions.
Rachid Chouhal Head Coach
Rachid Chouhal (born February 14, 1975) is an international athlete and national champion in the 100m/200m/400m sprints, long/triple jumps and hammer throw, adding up to 30 times. His love and dedication to the sport has earned him ‘MAAA Athlete of the Year’ 7 times.
Achieved during his years practicing athletics, Rachid boasts multiple international games representing Malta in multiple events, including:
- Olympic Games of 2012
- Mediterranean Games
- Commonwealth Games
- Small Nations Games
- European Cup
- European Championships (indoor & outdoor)
- World Championships (indoor & outdoor)
- EAP/IAAF meetings
His recent achievements were at the European Championship Masters held in Ancona 2016, where he won the gold and silver medals in the long jump and 60m events respectively.
- Bronze medalist European Indoor Masters 2018 in long jump.
- Bronze medalist 100m in European Masters Championships 2019, 5th in the 400m with a new V40 record.
- Gold medalist in the 100m and long jump, silver medalist in the 200m, 400m and 4x100m in the World Company Games 2021 held in Athens.
- Gold medalist in the long jump in European Masters Championships 2022 held in Braga, Spain and a Silver Medal in the long jump in the World Masters Championships held in Tampere Finland M45 category.
Antonella Chouhal Assistant Coach
With 25 years of involvement in the sport, Antonella (born April 27, 1976) has gained great experience in Discus/Shot Put/Hammer field events, holding the women’s national records for all three events.
Antonella has represented Malta in several international meetings, including:
- Small Nations Games
- European Cup
- European Games
- World Masters
- European Masters
Her recent achievements were a silver medal under her belt in discus throw at Ancona European Championship Masters 2016, and 4th place in the weight throw at the same meet.
- In 2017 Bronze medallist Weight Throw European Masters Championships in Denmark, Bronze medallist in Madrid European indoor 2018 in the hammer throw.
- In 2019 silver medallist in the Weight Throw, Discus and Bronze medallist in the Hammer in the World Indoor Masters Championships held in Poland. In European Masters Championships in held in Venice she achieved Bronze in the Throwing Pentathlon.
- In 2021 broke various national records in masters category. She also competed in the European team championships held in Cyprus.
- In 2022 won silver in the weight throw (with a PB and W45 NR) and bronze in the hammer throw at the European Masters Championships and also a Bronze with another PB and National record at the World Masters Championships held in Tampere, Finland.
- In 2023 won bronze in hammer throw in the World Indoor Masters Championships held in Torun, Poland.
Antonella is a qualified track and field coach. She is also the national team coach in Discus and Hammer.
Club Coaching Setup
Rush AC athletes and coaches train at Matthew Micallef St John Stadium Marsa, the club caters ages from 6 years to Masters.
Groups are divided according to age categories. Cubs ages 6-10 years, followed by youths and cadets ages 11-15 years and 16 years up.
We do event specialisation that include sprinting, jumping, hurdling and throws. Our coaches are highly qualified and have a good number of years of experience in track and field them as being athletes and also as coaches.
We are the only club on the island that give individual attention when needed but also the only club that our head coaches are available 6 times a week from Monday to Saturday. For us all athletes matter from the beginner to the Elite our club prides itself of our head coaches coaching and monitoring ALL athletes at all ages not only the Elite.
Besides, the club monitors the progress of every athlete in each age group. We inform our club members constantly of what is going on in the local Athletics scenario by email and also about upcoming competition and preparation. We do individual training sessions and also online coaching when the need arises.